What do you think of the new 787 issue?

The FAA has once again found another issue regarding undelivered 787s which involves the nose of the aircraft however, it does not pose any immediate danger to flights. The FAA are still determining if Boeing should rectify this problem for aircraft in commercial service.

Below is a nice video explaining it in detail. Some of the comments are interesting…

2 Likes

It’s boeing, so… :joy:

In all seriousness I am not impressed with what Boeing did on the 787. Sure, the A350 may have problems, but new faults get discovered frequently, not to mention the quality concerns at the South Carolina plant… :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

All I can say is “Again Boeing, AGAIN?”

1 Like

Yes, what can you expect haha
Especially after the 777X fiasco and 737MAX groundings…

1 Like

Yeah every month faa find a new problem. In my opinion this comes down to society and its obsession with profit motives where they are only interested in making money at the expense of the product.

2 Likes

Boeing = Profit > safety

2 Likes

I’d argue that is partially true on newer aircraft.

1 Like

Only the 747-8 has been doing good

Casually jinxes it.

1 Like

The last truly good aircraft was the 748 and partly the newer 777 series

2 Likes

They are both really successful. The oldest 747s still flying are about 40 years old or something?

1 Like

I do think Boeing cuts corners with their aircraft and should simply stick to manufacturing the ones of which are successful atm - the Boeing 737 etc. Going to watch this aircrafts progress. You would have thought with the MAX disaster they would have taken extra precautions. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Yes, but anything after the 77L or 748… Disaster

1 Like