United Airlines Orders Up To 50 Boom Supersonic Aircraft

United Airlines has announced it will be the first US airline to operate supersonic passenger aircraft from Boom Supersonic. The airline will take 15 Boom Overture aircraft, with an option for 35 more, hopefully in service by 2029.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://simpleflying.com/united-airlines-boom-supersonic/
4 Likes

Very exciting times! United leading the way once more! :rocket:

1 Like

What?! This is so cool but weird at the same time! :sweat_smile::sunglasses:

Wow, that is sooner than I expected. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out

Great job :clap:

1 Like

Unbelievable! Can’t believe this is actually a thing :joy:

1 Like

I could not have said it better! :airplane: :yum:

1 Like

Oh ye your an SFO fan-boy ain’t ya. Bet you’re glowing haha. :us:

2 Likes

You already know :crazy_face:

Idk where I will be living once they are at SFO but if I am it will be kinda weird to see ngl. They will most likely be doing oceanic flights though… I think… Who knows though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep did they confirm flight to NRT with it? Should be revolutionary. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Yea they confirmed a few on their instagram including that!

I wonder if any other airlines will follow and if they do how quickly…

Don’t see why they felt the need to mass-delete all their Instagram posts though… Seemed a bit extreme haha. :joy:

2 Likes

Yea I agree lol

Maybe they’re pulling a “new year, new me” :crazy_face:

1 Like

Still gotta wait till 2029 though :weary:

2 Likes

Yeah that is the negative I also identified lol

1 Like

And that is if it all goes to plan. Skeptical to say the least but really hoping a European airline follows United’s footsteps. Would definitely book a seat provided it ain’t Sky-high Pricing (quite literally)…

1 Like

At least this is good for the environment lol

2 Likes