Project Idaho

This is a group flight thread that I started almost a year ago on the IFC.

Idaho is a very beautiful but neglected state in the Pacific Northwest region of the USA. There are many flying opportunities in this great state. We have some of the best backcountry flying in the country with challenging airports such as 1ID9 which has the worlds shortest runway clocking in at 440ft long at an altitude of 5500ft. Because of the inactivity I decided to do a group flight series. In fact there was one just last week! If we get enough people interested I’ll designate leaders for the different flight sims but that’s far in the future.

List of Idaho’s best airports.

KMAN
KSMN
KLLJ
2U7
55H
1ID9
1U7
U87
U63 (this is where that famous high density altitude crash happened)
U88
U98
ID74
00ID
S83
KSUN
U62
KMYL

-Happy flying, stormy

6 Likes

I’ve flown to Sun Valley, one of the most beautiful airports I’ve flown to. Definitely gonna check these other airports out, I totally agree that Idaho is one of the best back country flying areas in the US :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

When did you come to sun valley? I drove there with family back in like 2017. We had a blast. If you ever come again go north on the highway and head over to Stanley one of the prettiest towns in the USA.

No I flew there in Infinite Flight, not in real life :joy:

1 Like

Oh lol. Try flying In from the north next time. You get the sawtooths, the white clouds, the smokys, and the boulders. (All mountain range names)

1 Like

Have you visited the airport?

1 Like

I’ve driven past it. But there was no point in flying since it was just a 3hr drive

1 Like