Introducing Category Moderators!

Hello everyone!

Please join us in welcoming @Earagail and @hi15td as new category moderators for the #rwa and #general categories. Lately we have had some moderators leave us because they are busy or just moving on with other things. We thank them for their contribution to the Aviators Worldwide Community and wish them all the best. This means that we need a little helping hand and that is where category moderators come in.

Category moderators are specifically chosen individuals who have the ability to moderate and review specific content in each assigned category. They do not have full access to the moderation interface, however can take common actions including the ability to edit posts, close and unlist topics, archive, and pin. They also have the ability to review flags and posts needing approval within certain categories.

Errigal and hi15td have been with us for an extremely long time, and have both made amazing contributions to this community. They have demonstrated the maturity and responsibility needed by moderators, and it is with great honor that we welcome them as our first ever category moderators. We’re glad to have them onboard and can’t wait to see them fulfil their new roles.

Errigal joins us from Ireland and is currently the CEO of TNVA, founder of the Wild Atlantic Coffee Tasters blog, and active within the VA community. Errigal also enjoys playing Infinite Flight and X-Plane 11 in addition to being a professional goose and Eurovision lover.

hi15td joins us from US East and is a private pilot. In addition to this, hi15td is a virtual controller for ZBW on VATSIM, player of X-Plane, and an active streamer on Twitch. You can check here: https://twitch.tv/hi15td for streams.

Welcome to the team, gentlemen!

16 Likes

Thanks so much everyone for the opportunity! It’s very overwhelming!

9 Likes

I have to say so as well, I would also like to congratulate @Earagail for his selection as well :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Glad to have you both on the team! Don’t burn the place down :sunglasses:

I know that’s comic coming from me.

8 Likes

Oh so that you can do it instead? :joy:

1 Like

if the place burns down, I say we all blame @Ondrej

4 Likes

Both of y’all are very qualified. It has been an honor watching both of y’all mature and develop over y’all’s time on the community. There was not a shadow of doubt in the staff’s decision to add you guys, and I look forward to having y’all as category moderators!

5 Likes

You should have told me earlier!

3 Likes

seems fair enough

1 Like

POV: Ondrej and I comically burn the place down together :thinking: Unfortuantely, Hi15 and Errigal arrest us as they are now category moderators :disappointed:

4 Likes

Welcome recruits, some fresh blood I see. It’s mandatory here at the AWW any new member of our fabulous team has to provide us with one important piece of information. Is Pineapple on Pizza a sin? In all seriousness two fantastic users who really stand out in maturity. Looking forward to their ongoing contribution and all that has to follow. :heart:

5 Likes

I would like to point out this message:

we would only arrest @Ondrej

4 Likes

No. Please stop. You know it belongs.

3 Likes

That’s right! On the pizza :pizza:

5 Likes

confused 100

I don’t know as I cannot eat pizza

1 Like

The most well played message I have ever read. This is one of the reasons we added you Joke

3 Likes

wait whaaaaaaa… why tho

At least you didn’t admit to sweet on savoury like the maniacs above. I am sorry but god no. Disowned you all. :heart:

4 Likes