Aviation facts

Hello,

here you can post your aviation facts.

An airbus takes off or lands every 1.4 seconds (I doubt this fact is true anymore given the current situation.)

1 Like

The Cessna 172 is the most manufactured aircraft ever, with over 40K units

5 Likes

Travelling by air can shed up to 1.5 litres of water from the body during an average 3-hour flight.

4 Likes

Interesting fact. Didn’t know that.

that’s bc the air is dry due to pressurization

1 Like

btw it can be as dry as a desert

1 Like

I’m not an encyclopaedia (this may come as a shock :joy:) I for one don’t know everything and I assume it would be boring if one did.

NoT a TrUe AvGeEk lol

And this is exactly why it’s very important to drink frequently when flying. Personally, I like to have a cold juice or a cup of water every hour or so.

The B-21 Raider was actually name by a survivor from Doolittle raid, the bombing of Tokyo.

For every 1,000ft of density altitude a Cessna 172 needs 25% more runway.

4 Likes

Aviation Facts #252

Aeroflot Flight 593 crashed because the pilot let his kids fly the plane, who unknowingly disengaged the autopilot function. The crash killed everyone on board.

4 Likes

Hopefully that’s doesn’t happen at Aeroflot Virtual.

“Look daddy! I turned the autopilot off!”

3 Likes

Oh lord lol

Fact: Southwest Airlines’ first Boeing 737-700, first delivered in 1997, is still flying in their fleet. It’s expected to be retired sometime between next year and 2025.

2 Likes

Only 5% of the world’s population have ever been on an airplane

4 Likes

Here’s a really well done video about it from one of the best aviation YouTubers imo.

4 Likes

How did the pilots “not know” didn’t they notice the plane pitching down or the autopilot disconnect sound going off?

1 Like

Aviation Fact #844:

Brussels Airport is the world’s biggest chocolate seller, selling over 800 tons of chocolate a year.

1 Like